Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tuesday Night.

After a dinner of beef, weird gross eggplant puree, salad (with tomatoes :) ) and steamed broccoli, a group of 7 of us (plus a young adult that is volunteering for a year at the college) left to go on a night walk.

We went into a convenience store and saw their version of doritos and other junk foods. We got some hummus (3 bucks for a GIANT tub) and some fresh pita (about 1.50 for 7 big pitas). We then continued into the old city.

All the booths and vendors were closed down (it was about 8) but the street cleaners were out and about in their big machine (which we had to squeeze by) cleaning up after a day of business in the city. It was a lot of fun. However, when we began the journey, I thought it was going to be a short lived trip, but it turned into about 2 hours. Which, again, was super nice, but by about an hour in (and chugging water at dinner because they told us to) I had to use the restroom. Hahaha.


So, Alan wouldn't let me pee in a dark alley in a corner (he was afraid of trying to bail me out of an Israeli jail hahaha); about an hour later we found a mall!! It was like we were in DC. It was soooo nice! And they were having sales! (But alas, Alan pointed me on toward the bathroom...) We found a bathroom and all was well.

Made it back home and went to bed. :). Not quite sleeping well yet, but hopefully soon. My roommate says I've been talking in my sleep. Last night, I got up to go to the bathroom, and she thought I was sleepwalking outside of the room. Hahaha. Dang. Oh well, hopefully once I get settled that sleep junk will change.


No comments:

Post a Comment